SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|Featured Refinements:||Women's Ski Suit|
|Size:||6 (Fits like a Small)||Gender:||Women|
Does not apply
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- New LEUPOLD MEN'S SECLUDED BASELAYER 1 2 ZIP Shadow Green 2XL 172563
- SPORTLINE Women's Solo 915 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor with Calorie Monitor
- IWB INSIDE WAISTBAND Gun Holster Kydex w Belt Clip For S&W M&P 45C
- FOSTEX POCHES MULTIPLES Gilet Chasse Pêche photographyoutdoor airsoft gilet
- NAVITAS OUTFITTERS OUT FITTERS HOODIE HOODY - ALL THE SIZES
- Brand New Horton Crossbow Fury Cams + Axle Kit and (4) Extra Cam Bearings
- Razor Hogreenrax 1.5 New In Box RED Self Balancing Scooter UL 2272 Certifie
- Sam Bat HR13 Maple Wood Baseball Bat
- Fjäll Räven Stig Flannel Shirt Long Sleeve Men's Shirt Autumn Leaf
- Rigid Industries 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter Harness - 15 f D-Series, SR-M or
- Anfernee Hardaway Orlando Magic Champion Jersey M Shirt USA NBA OLD 1995
- Metro BBQ Tote - Red (Louisiana Tech Bulldogs) Digital Print Tailgate BBQ Tool S
- MLB Washer Toss, Oakland Athletics
- Tru-Spec Tactical Shirt, Charcoal Grey PC RS LS,Medium Reg. 1376004
- EXCELLENT 2010-11 Liverpool Away Shirt Jersey M or XL
- HYPE TROPICS SCRIPT WOMEN'S CROP T-SHIRT
- Arin bodyboard. Tabla de body surf, choose your size. Model Rasta
- 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 ARCTIC CAT BEARCAT 440 500 550 SEAT COVER
- Excellent Burton Ruler White Men's snowboard boots US 9.0 Speed Lace
- XII400 Women Peak Performance Hipe Fleur skiingsnowboarding Trousers XS W28 L30
- Adidas Trainers Predito Lz in J Green New
- BP55 CAVINESS BEAVER BRAND VARNISHED WOOD PADDLE 5-1 2'(66 ) X 6' BLADE
- Camiseta Suso Milan 2019 Oficial Uniforme oficial 2018 2019 número 8
- E-Bike 48V 11Ah Vélo Electrique Pedelec Big Cat Richbit Anniser ISY Viking
- Marin 19 Indian Fire Trail 27.5 650B Hardtail MTB Bike Frame Aluminum Disc NEW
- Zilco Driving Harness - Complete Brun Bridle - Cob, Full
- Green Bike USA GB5-500 Electric Motor Power Bicycle Lithium Battery Folding Bike
- Twisted X Mens Slip-on Driving Mocs Bomber
- Jersey Maillot - AC Milan (2004 05)
- Giro Empire Slx Size 45 Road shoes Lava color
- Vintage Heddon Luny Frog, 4-1 4 lg, , pyralin plasticEx.
- CATEYE BELEUCHTUNG GVOLT50 HL EL550GRC 5350130 FA003521045
- NOS Avitar Chain Ring Campagnolo 52 Tooth 135 BCD Drivering Campy 13552 52t
- Run Bike Concept-Schürmann 622 x 19c, Front Hub Hb-tx500 Solid Axle
- NWT Canari Womens Pinnacle LS Bicycle Jersey Sz L Grape
- Maillot cycliste L'étape du Tour de France 2007 FOIX LOUDENVIELLE shirt trikot S